Some random thoughts after the Razorbacks’ rain-soaked win at home over Kentucky.
- [singlepic id=1617 w=240 h=180 float=right]On a stormy night in Fayetteville, Hog fans finally got a glimpse of what this offense was supposed to look like. Tyler Wilson was sharp (372 yards, 5 TDs) against a woefully inexperienced Kentucky secondary, and did a great job of distributing the ball to ten different receivers.
- Welcome to the party Jonathan Williams. The freshman running back became only the second Razorback player (Cobi Hamilton, 2010) to have two scoring catches of more than 74 yards in a game.
- True freshman A.J. Turner got the first start of his career Saturday night in place of the injured Alonzo Highsmith. Turner responded by posting a team high five tackles including three solo. Good things ahead for the big-hitting freshman. And speaking of freshmen…
- …Not sure why this (lame duck) coaching staff is still burning redshirts in game 7 of the season. Wide receiver D’Arthur Cowan had one reception and safety Defonta Lowe recorded one tackle.
- [singlepic id=1622 w=180 h=240 float=right]Sure the weather was bad. But you know what was really bad? Kentucky was bad. That had to be the worst SEC team we’ve ever seen in person at Razorback Stadium. Are they really as bad as they looked? With injuries to several key players including at quarterback…probably not. But on Saturday night they were bad. Really bad.
- Opinions varied on the anthracite-gray-smoke specialty uniforms. Our opinion? Let’s hope the players and recruits liked them because we thought they were basically ugly. The good news…now that they’ve been used, and with our obligation to Lord Nike fulfilled, the equipment staff can quietly put them away for the offseason. Or burn them.
Of course, we can’t possibly mention everything that was “Good, Bad and Ugly.” What did we leave out?
TipsterHog also contributed to this post.