Some random thoughts after the Razorbacks’ win at home over the Tulsa Golden Hurricane.
- [singlepic id=1666 w=240 h=180 float=right]Congratulations to Cobi Hamilton for setting the single season receptions record (69) Saturday afternoon. Hamilton, who also won the Crip Hall Award, still has three games to go and will likely break Jarius Wright’s single season receiving yards record before the season ends.
- On a windy day in Fayetteville, Dylan Breeding was a difference maker. The senior averaged 58.3 yards per punt — the third highest single game average in school history — on three punts, including a 69-yard boomer in the second quarter that was downed inside the 5-yard line.
- The line judge on the west sideline must have been busy eating a hot dog and missed Dennis Johnson’s fourth quarter, 1-yard TD plunge. Johnson was well past the goal line but, incredibly, it took a replay review before it was declared a score.
- [singlepic id=1654 w=180 h=240 float=right]After posting seven tackles Saturday, starting middle linebacker Terrell Williams went and got himself arrested for DUI just before midnight. Williams, a senior, is suspended indefinitely and leaves an already thin unit even thinner for South Carolina.
- Tyler Wilson keeps taking hits and his coaches aren’t doing him any favors. With numerous play calls emptying the backfield, coaches have been allowing defenders to get a clean shot and nail Wilson all season. When asked about the pounding his quarterback took on Saturday, John L. Smith replied, “The bruises and hits Tyler took don’t hurt nearly as bad after a win.” Translation: ‘I don’t care.’
Of course, we can’t possibly mention everything that was “Good, Bad and Ugly.” What did we leave out?